Ads

What browser do you use on your phone?

Over the weekend, I had reason to install Opera Mini to run some tests on a website I was troubleshooting. I have been a fan of Opera Mini right from the beginning. It was the first of its kind: a browser that compresses data to speed up browsing and to reduce user data costs. Opera Mini spawned the age of data compression in 2005 and many other browsers have since followed. They include UC Browser and Chrome, among others.
The compression some loss to functionality though, and as such, I had not used it much in recent times. After being done with my tests, I decided to use it as my smartphone’s default browser for a while. Before then, I had used Chrome, which is Android OS’ default browser.
mobile browser
So far, it has been a good experience. Besides data compression and good website rendering, I like that it gives me easy access to news. I also like the fact that you can change the colour scheme and browser layout.
Beyond the regular data compression, Opera Mini has an Extreme mode that further boosts data savings and speed on poor networks. The problem with that mode is that rendering of websites tends to be affected. In that mode, websites do not look as nice as they do in regular mode. Personally, I stay away from Extreme mode. Perhaps I might have a need some day one one of my trips to the countryside.
Will I use Opera Mini as my default browser forever? I have no idea yet. This is an experiment for me. You know how I roll. After one experiment, I jump into another.

Your Mobile Browser

But over to you now: there are several mobile browsers out there. Some of the biggest include:
  • Chrome
  • Opera Mini
  • Safari (iOS)
  • Dolphin
  • Firefox
  • BlackBerry (BB)
  • UC Browser
  • Edge (Windows 10 Mobile)
Which of them do you use as your default? Do tell us too why you chose that particular one.

No comments:

Smartkidd Benjamin's Blog. ©2017. Powered by Blogger.
DMCA.com Protection Status